U.S bank cash back credit card is certainly one of the best cash back rewards structure. For those who value getting rewarded for their spending, this card offers much more. Unlike most, the U.S. Bank cash back credit card offer cardholders the opportunity to change cash back category with purchase in mind. Although it is ranked highly among rewards structure. It is unique for its choice offers and potentials to earn higher.
U.S bank cash back credit card review
- Annual fee: No annual fee
- Sign-up bonus: Welcome bonus of $150 after spending $500.
- 5% cash back on spending the first $2,000.
- Earn 2% cash back on a daily purchase such as gas or groceries.
- Earn 1% of all other eligible net purchases.
- Purchase in bonus categories each quarter to earn the higher rewards.
- Various way to withdraw including through statement credit, a U.S. Bank Rewards gift card or a deposit to a U.S. Bank.
- Interest rate: 16.24% to 25.24% Variable APR (0% APR on the initial 12 billing cycles for transferred balance within 60 days of opening the account)
- Balance transfer fee: 3% of the transferred amount or $5 charge whichever is greater.
- Foreign transaction fee: 3% charge on purchase with foreign currency; 2% on the U.S. dollars.
- Other perks: Perks includes an automatic waiver on rental collision damages, extended protection warranty, and reimbursement on lost luggage etc
U.S Bank Cash Back Credit Card Pros
Ability to choose reward categories: The U.S. cash back credit card has multiple cash back categories, unlike others. You can earn the most out of cash backs because you can adjust award categories quarterly with your purchase plans.
Flexible redemption: there are multiple channels to withdraw cash back such as statement credit, through a U.S Rewards gift card or a deposit to a U.S. Bank.
U.S Bank Cash Back Credit Card Cons
Must choose categories every quarter for bonus cash back: There is no room for indecision on purchase plans. Many cardholders fall into the temptation of changing plans without thinking of unforeseen circumstances.
The cap on 5% category: the cap of $2,000 on initial purchases in the 5% category might be a disadvantage. Purchases after the initial $2000 only earn 1% cash back.
Foreign transaction fee. The fee Purchase on foreign currency cancels out any rewards you earn.
How to Apply for the U.S Bank Cash Back Credit Card
Just like any other credit card, the application process for the U.S bank cash back credit card is pretty straight forward.
Applicants must Be at least 18 years of age
Be legal residents of the United States
Lastly, Must have Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
How To Apply
- First, go to https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards.html
- Go to the credit card section
- Locate the U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature Card, and click
- You will be directed to a new page, Kindly click the apply now link
Follow other on-screen direction and always remember to read the terms and agreement carefully before signing up.
Who is the U.S Bank cash back credit card offers for?
The U.S cash back credit card is for organized and people who can plan ahead. Because to get the best out of the cardholders have to be assured of a steady financial base. Furthermore, I would recommend that cardholders should have other option for overseas purchase and only use this card for heavy and daily purchase within the U.S.